Ep 130: The Ratio Table Model, Pt 2
December 13, 2022
We can't get enough of ratio tables! In this episode Pam and Kim go through another division Problem String, highlighting how they model-represent their thinking on ratio tables. They invite listeners to grab a pen or pencil and practice representing their own thinking on a ratio table.
- Noticings from MathStratChat
- Does context matter?
- Does a ratio table have to be in sequential order?
- Does it matter when to erase during the Problem String?
- Does it matter when to use brackets or arrows?
- Can color help highlight relationships?
- How do you introduce a ratio table?
- A tool to represent thinking that can lead to new thinking